Sunday, January 24, 2016

Bead embroidery

Malaysia is a great country for bead embroidery.  Beads are sold everywhere, and it's easy to find a skilled embroiderer to embellish your clothing for very reasonable prices.  I was browsing needlenthread.com, saw and Myra Wood's online Craftsy class and decided to try it for myself.

I wouldn't really wear a bead embroidered dress, so the little drawstring bag was a good project for me.  Here's my version, embroidery finished, but not yet turned into a bag.



4 comments:

  1. So beautiful, just love beads. Interesting to hear that you can get beads so easily in Malaysia, when I was there a few years ago I didn't see any, but then we did go straight to an island missing all shopping areas! I hope you will do more bead embroidery you certainly have a flair for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sally. I love your beaded tatting too. I don't think bead shops are that common at the beaches. I'm a little out of town and there are 3 shops selling beads, acrylic yarn and ribbons for making wedding favours used in Malay weddings. It's great for beading. Not so good for tatting thread.

      Delete
  2. That's very pretty, good skill to learn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, I'm hoping it'll be a useful skill.

      Delete