Friday, March 15, 2013

Metallic butterflies

My latest bit of tatting is an embellished card, made for the Malaysian Tatter's monthly challenge.  The group is lead by Jon Yusoff and she works hard to reach out and share her tatting knowledge.

The heart is one I had already (Susan Fuller's Heart's Desire).  The edging is from Yusai Shokoin's "Tatting" book.  The butterfly is the Birte butterfly from "Tatted Butterflies" by Adelheid Dangela.


It took me a few tries to get a butterfly the right size, so I had some extras.


This is the Mia butterfly also from "Tatted Butterflies.  A friend of mine saw me making this and liked it.  So this is the last picture I got before it flew away with her.


I liked the Birte butterfly enough to make it again.  The thread is Oren Bayan metallic thread.  I'd love a few more of these (I think they'd look great hanging on a mobile), but my hands need to recover first.  Does anyone know of a metallic thread that doesn't feel like tatting barbed wire?

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous tatting embellished card!!! :)
    And wonderful butterflies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..beautiful tatting of nice card... never have seen such a variegated metal thread...the butterflies are soo cute...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot if work on that card! The dmc metallic thread on a spool found in most craft stores is decent for tatting (with a looser tension), but it only comes in silver and gold. It's equivalent to size 30. That's a beautiful variegated thread and lovely butterfly!

    ReplyDelete