I've been making Halloween costumes. I'm normally not keen on Halloween. Malaysia has many, many festivals, and I don't see the need to import any more. Still, my son's music school had a Halloween themed concert and I didn't want him to miss out on the fun. So, I decided to make costumes that had some chance of being used afterwards. For the little guy, I made overalls (from a Burda pattern) and a hat (from fleetingthing.com) so he could go as Mario.
The little lady wanted to be Princess Peach, so I made her a dress (from a McCall's pattern) and a crown (inspired by a tutorial from craftyc0rn3r).
This was my first time using downloadable patterns and I have to admit, I'm very pleased with the results. Cutting, trimming and assembling the patters wasn't exactly a party, but it was not as fiddly or frustrating as I thought it would be. The results are more precise than anything I'd attempt to draft by myself.
I started the mystery doily for the third time. This time, I'm using Cebelia 20, a thread that I have in large quantities. Here it is at round three. Hopefully third time's the charm and I'll actually make it to the final round with this one.