Monday, May 19, 2014

Granny dolls

My kids were doing a group reading activity that required a 'granny' prop.  I got bit ambitious and thought I'd try and make a granny amigurumi.  I started one but didn't finish on time, so we used these dolls instead.


The little lady made these with me a while back.  They are the Sleepover pals from Hillary Lang's Wee Wonderfuls book.  The little lady and I have very different tastes, so making things together is an interesting process.  I hope she looks back fondly on these as she gets older.

I finished the amigurumi granny a few days ago.  It's from the Little Red Riding Hood pattern by Irene Strange.


In the end, it's probably better that I didn't finish the doll in time.  If the kids had flipped the doll over, they would have seen this sinister character!


2 comments:

  1. Little red riding hood with the fox, Well she made a great granny.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret,
      I agree, it's a nice granny. The crochet makes it stiff enough to stand up on it's own, so unless you pick her up, you'd never know she's Red Riding Hood :)

      Delete