Sunday, November 22, 2015

Bit by the tatting bug

I tend to swing back and forth between my various hobbies.  Right now I'm tatting, and starting too many new projects.  That's the thing about a hobby though.  You can start as many projects as you want.  No deadlines, no pressure.

I'm working on a tatted collar.


It's actually a re-make.  I made one a few years as a way of coping with a truly painful work project.  Unfortunately the stress shows in the work and there are shredded, discoloured parts where I pulled too hard.



I also finished a Bloomer bracelet designed by Marilee Rockley.  I made one out of DMC Cebelia thread.  The little lady wore it to a school outing and it instantly turned into a floppy, fuzzy mess.  So now I'm on the lookout for a thread that works better for wear-ables.  I wore this today and it seems to be holding up quite well.



1 comment:

  1. Your collar is going to be fabulous!!! :) Looking great already!!! :)
    Love that bracelet!!! :)

    ReplyDelete