Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Three crochet kitties

It all started with this machine.  The machine takes an exorbitant amount of money, then forces you to use a tiny joystick to manouver a claw to try to pick up the plush toy of your dreams.  They recently installed this at the local shopping complex.


In it they put Hello Kitty dolls.  The first Hello Kitty (not in the picture) was the best.  It had a sparkly tiara, fairy wings and a pink princess dress.  The little lady fell in love with it.

After some discussion, the little lady and I agreed to make ONE attempt at snagging the Hello Kitty.  Now, I can stitch a pretty seam, but I can barely walk across a field without falling.  So, needless to say, I was no match for the ultra-fast buzzer and the sticky joystick.

At that point, the tears were brimming in the little lady's eyes, so after some more rapid discussion, we agreed that I would make her a Hello Kitty doll.  Thankfully she's still young enough to think her mother can make anything.

After a bit of googling, I found a cute pattern on  Armina's ami-mals blog.  The result is the little Hello Kitty on the left.  The little lady loves it, and shows it to everyone she meets.

Craft projects are like potato chips to me.  I can never stop at just one.  So, I found more patterns, and made the one on the right.


A friend of mine saw the little dolls and, because she is a generous lady, she gave me a book; Super-Cute Crochet by Nicki Trench.  As a thank you, I made her the little kitty on the cover.  It's living with her now, and I fogot to take a picture, so here's the picture from the author's website.


So there you have it, three crochet kitties.

No comments:

Post a Comment