Monday, July 13, 2015

Incentive for chair covers

I finally finished my 8 chair covers, and just in time for Hari Raya.  It's nice to do a little something nice for the house for special occasions.


I kept myself motivated by allowing myself to make one rainbow loom bracelet for each finished chair cover.


This worked pretty well as incentive. The designs clockwise from the left are:
  • Diagonalism by Claire's wears
  • Royal Hearts Bracelet by SarahCJW, tutorial by Rena T
  • Lovely Little Lotus by Claire's wears
  • Diagonal Derp by Claire's wears

Then I came across the Edditude design by Ai lovestoloom.  I couldn't figure it out.  I watched the video 4 times and still couldn't figure it out.  I've been a crafter almost as long as I've been alive, so my ego took a bit of a hit.

I've spent the last few days obsessing over it.  After making my own short double edged hook and a bunch of head scratching, I finally made one.



Now that's done, I can stop obsessing and get back to the sewing that I'm supposed to be doing.



2 comments:

  1. Good job, your chairs have a new lease on life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane! Hopefully the covers will help the chairs last a few more years.

      Delete